Twee nieuwe schaakgames voor de Nintendo DS en de PC.
Ubisoft heeft deze week twee games in de Chessmaster serie aangekondigd, te weten Chessmaster: The Art of Learning voor de Nintendo DS en Chessmaster: Grandmaster Edition voor de PC. In beide spellen zul je gecoacht worden door de internationaal bekende schaker Josh Waitzkin, die hiervoor z’n recent verschenen boek ter inspiratie gebruikt. Echter kun je met deze games de schaaklessen visualiseren en direct in de praktijk brengen, tegen de computer én tegen andere mensen online! Uiteraard zijn de games inclusief minigames en verschillende modes en tevens bieden ze de mogelijkheid om de 900 grootste schaakwedstrijden in de historie te bekijken en te analyseren.
Beide games verschijnen wereldwijd in oktober dit jaar. Screens en de boxshot van de DS-versie zijn hier te bewonderen.
De Meern – 14 augustus 2007 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announced that it will publish Chessmaster®: The Art of Learning for the Nintendo DS system and Chessmaster®: Grandmaster Edition for Windows® PC. In both games, Josh Waitzkin, International Master and eight-time National Chess Champion, coaches players to grasp the basic fundamentals of chess and to master the game through exciting courses and tutorials taken directly from his groundbreaking book, The Art of Learning (Free Press). Players can then practice their newly learned skills in single-player mode or challenge their friends to a fun-spirited competition in multiplayer mode via LAN or Internet.
“Chess is played by millions of people worldwide and with the expansion of the Chessmaster series onto the Nintendo DS, players can take the game with them wherever they go,” said Tony Key, vice president of marketing at Ubisoft. “Chessmaster is an exciting and simple learning experience for novices and competitive players, the perfect recreational game to play on the Nintendo DS and PC.”
· Learn from champion Josh Waitzkin: Using the principles outlined in his book The Art of Learning, Josh puts players in his shoes during some of the most riveting moments of his career. He then walks players through the classics, introducing beginners to the fundamentals of the game and providing revealing commentary about the road to mastery.
· Multiplayer wireless: Two players can battle each other using the wireless option on the DS. A variety of exciting multiplayer games are available, including: Dark Chess, in which the opponent’s pieces are invisible; Extinction Chess, where the winner is the first player to capture all of the opponent’s pieces; and Losing Chess, a game that rewards the first player to lose all of his/her pieces!
· Six original mini-games: Each mini-game is packed with its own music, sound effects, a high-score record and 20 levels of gameplay. Players can look forward to: Minefield, in which chess pieces are used to locate mines hidden in the board; Breaking the Lines, where the knight is moved to capture all of the pawns; and Fork My Fruit, a game that uses chess pieces to fork fruit of the same kind, among others.
· Famous games: Players have access to 900 of the most important chess games, which are analyzed to provide key tactics
· Checkmate: With an arsenal of 600,000 games, players will never run out of fun!