De nieuwe Bleach voor de DS!
Bleach: The Blade of Fate is nog maar net uit en je kan zeer binnenkort de review ervan op GameParty vinden. Maar er komt natuurlijk een vervolg en deze heeft SEGA vandaag aangekondigd. De nieuwe game gaat Bleach: Dark Souls heten en zal lijken op The Blade of Fate. Echter zijn er genoeg veranderingen toegebracht en zullen er meer characters om mee te spelen zijn.
Misschien valt je iets op… Dit allemaal lijkt erg op de game Bleach DS 2nd die een hele tijd geleden was aangekondigd. Dit klopt, want het is ook dezelfde game! Echter zal dit dus de Amerikaanse versie (en waarschijnlijk ook de Europese versie) worden en is dus vandaag bevestigd dat hij daadwerkelijk buiten Japan verschijnt. Check maar snel de twee persberichten en de eerste screens.
Sega Announces Bleach: Dark Souls
SAN FRANCISCO (March 7, 2008) – SEGA of America, Inc. today announced that BLEACH: Dark Souls will be available on Nintendo DS. BLEACH: Dark Souls delivers an authentic anime experience with non-stop action and swordplay. The game features an expanded cast of characters voiced by the actors from VIZ Media’s award-winning BLEACH animation, rated T for Teens. The second season of BLEACH the television series began airing in the U.S. on Adult Swim on March 1.
Developed by famed Japanese developer Treasure and localized for North America, BLEACH: Dark Souls will feature a multitude of enhancements to last year’s critically acclaimed BLEACH: The Blade of Fate. These enhancements include multiplayer games with expanded personalization features, brand new special Bankai moves, 30 new Spirit Cards, power-enhancing crystals, as well as seven new gameplay modes. The BLEACH: Dark Souls storyline takes place in between seasons one and two of the animated series and was created exclusively for the game.
The BLEACH: Dark Souls game for Nintendo DS will mark the expansion of a dynamic cast of over 40 playable characters including Rukia, Kon and hero Ichigo. Gamers can spend hours furiously fighting while unlocking individual character stories, all based on an exclusive story arc created for BLEACH: Dark Souls.
“With an exclusive storyline, an expanded playable character roster and spectacular new Bankai moves, BLEACH: Dark Souls is set to build upon the critical success of BLEACH: Blade of Fate,” said Don Mesa, Director of Marketing, SEGA of America, Inc. “The BLEACH franchise continues to gain momentum with anime fans and gamers alike in North America and SEGA is there to create a robust and exciting gaming experience that stays true to its anime roots.”
“We are thrilled to once again partner with SEGA for the development of BLEACH: Dark Souls on Nintendo DS,” states Linda Espinosa, Vice President, Content Management, VIZ Media. “SEGA games have enjoyed immense success in North America, BLEACH is a top seller in both Japan and the US, and we are expecting great fan response when BLEACH: Dark Souls releases with a multitude of new and exclusive features.”
BLEACH: Dark Souls offers enhancements to the impressive 2D action and brilliant visuals that have become the hallmark of Treasure, the game’s legendary development team. Players will face a variety of opponents as one of 44 highly-stylized characters in intense action-packed battles based on the animated series. For the first time ever, players will be able to assume the role of Evil Hollows, adding a new twist for gamers to explore. BLEACH: Dark Souls utilizes a traditional 2D fighting game format with enhanced visuals that push the graphical prowess of Nintendo DS to new heights.
BLEACH: Dark Souls continues to allow gamers to build customized Spirit Card Decks, this time with the addition of power-enhancing Reiju Crystals to boost their character’s heath, attack strength and defense power cards. BLEACH: Dark Souls features four player multiplayer battles via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection and DS Download Play. Players can battle each other at the same time or form tag teams for team play. Finally, BLEACH fans will enjoy using the newly included encyclopedia that offers detailed explanations of the BLEACH world, character info, descriptions of their attacks and a full glossary of BLEACH terms.
BLEACH: Dark Souls on Nintendo DS is slated for release in summer 2008.
Bleach: Dark Souls Company Line
Bleach: Dark Souls on the Nintendo DS brings an exclusive storyline, expanded cast of playable characters and fast multi-plane fighting action for up to four players via Wi-Fi. Players will also build a power-packed Spirit Card Deck and collect power crystals to augment their spirit card powers on the lower screen and dish out moves that will directly affect their opponent’s gameplay. With a burgeoning cast of 44 characters including the ability to play as Hollows, players can spend hours experiencing furious fighting gameplay and unlocking personal character stories all based on the series’ story arc.
BLEACH is a popular animated series on Cartoon Network. The series follows the life of a 15-year-old boy, Ichigo Kurosaki, who crosses paths with a Soul Reaper and becomes one. The franchise has established itself as a major anime series in Japan, and is now creating a stir in North America. The first season of the show was featured on Cartoon Network’s program, Adult Swim, and received solid ratings in America this past year. The series is poised for a successful second season that began March 2008.
* Exclusive Single-player Storyline. Bleach: Dark Souls features an exclusive storyline that takes place in between seasons 1 and 2 of the animated series. Fans of the anime will have to play Bleach: Dark Souls to uncover story plot points that are sure to shed new insight on Ichigo’s quest to save Rukia.
* Exciting Multiplayer fighting action. Up to four players will enjoy the fighting action via Wi-Fi connection. This game supports the Download Play feature where one player has a cartridge and transmits the game to another player’s Nintendo DS which allows them to play head-to-head.
* Variety of multi-plane 2D fighting arenas. Players can switch between the foreground and the background battlelines to chase after or escape from opponents.
* Large cast of popular characters. Players will select from 44 of their favorite characters who are all voiced by the actors from the anime series including the Hollows.
* Special attacks to master. Players can inflict massive damage on opponents with special Combos and Super Power Attacks taken directly from the series.
* Seven thrilling gameplay modes. Story, Arcade, Versus, Training and Challenge modes along with two unlockable modes which will provide hours of replayability and keep players coming back for more.
* 30 New Power-up Cards and Power Crystals to Customize Spirit Card Deck. On the lower screen, players can customize and manage their deck of Power-up Cards for boosts to Health, Attack and Defense, and much more.
* New Bleach Encyclopedia. Contains fun and interesting facts about the entire Bleach universe. Fans of the series are sure to use this as a reference for to expand their Bleach knowledge.